Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's next?

Oddly, it feels like I'm finishing up a lot right now. I've found a job, so the wonder (and terror) around that is mostly over. I finished my first novel, so the constant grind of editing and writing and rewriting is over (for now). I've opened a checking account, exercised the dog, planned out my vacations (and weekends) for the next few months, and gotten settled in my new apartment. Really, what's left?

Well, that's how I feel for about two minutes. And, then I start working on the storyboard for my new novel. Who are the characters? What are they worried about? What happens first? What's next? It's rather exciting. And, I gotta get that "old" novel to some publishers. Luckily, I have a few literary type friends reading it and giving some critique, but I gotta get it on to the professionals. Gotta try to find an agent. And, I have to do my job. What will it be like to get up at 6:30am everyday? Will I be good at it? Which bus should I take? Where will I sit while at work? Will lunch breaks be awkward? What will my everyday look like? What will I do when I don't get to see Jason every thirty seconds? (No, really. This is causing me some stress)

So, as much as it feels like things are ending, only a fool would forget that infamous lyric: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. Yeah."

That leaves me at one exact point in time: the beginning (which just so happens to be the end).

No comments: